This edition at DevTalks we have brought you 3 awesome workshops. Grab your ticket now and see you soon in Cluj!
- IoT Data Analytics appliance for the EU energy market (14:00 – 16:00) – with Dragos Nicola, Data Scientist at InflectionPoint, and Remus Octavian Cimpean, Data Science Consultant at InflectionPoint
Context: EU commission regulates the Energy Market across Europe in terms that of all distributors have to install Smart Meters to consumption points. This situation creates a new type of business opportunities/problems: address distributors needs to know customers’ behavior by analyzing data streams captured from the Smart Meters combined in the contractual details.
Players in the market:
- Energy Distributor: Data Owner
- IT companies: Data Processors and System Integrators
- Data Science Companies: Data Analytics/Modeling Architecture (Data & Analytics approach – InflectionPoint)
Approach: Due to the fact that EU Energy Market is a liberalized one, customers churn risk assessment becomes a crucial problem for Energy Distributors. Such a problem can be addressed only through predictive modelling, which is a matter of Data Science appliance. Given that Energy Distributors will have IT partners for data streams connectivity and processing, the knowledge developed by a Data Science company becomes the core knowledge in this equation.
Topics for the workshop:
- – energy problem description
- – data science solution presentation
- – tools for implementation
- – demo on the data science solution
- – discussion on business development in this area
- – data science solution scalability add deployment into client environment
- – IT/Data Science partnership framework for solution architecture and implementation.
- A peek at Clojure (14:00 – 17:00) – with Alexandru Gherega, Computer Scientist at icslab.eu
- 1st HOUR: setup – fine tuning • Clojure induction & hands-on ramp-up
- 2nd HOUR: Clojure.core topics [REPL, types, functions, data structures, FP design patterns] • start-off your Clojure project experiment with useful Clojure • APIs (e.g. collections, trheads, transactions)
- Last HOUR: Use your new Clojure knowledge and FP passion to develop a small Machine Learning [micro]service
Minimum system requirements: https://github.com/alex-gherega/clojure-env-setup/blob/master/README.md