EU commission regulates the Energy Market across Europe in terms that of all distributors have to install Smart Meters to consumption points.
This situation creates a new type of business opportunities/problems: address distributors needs to know customers’ behavior by analyzing data streams captured from the Smart Meters combined in the contractual details.
Players in the market:
Energy Distributor: Data Owner
IT companies: Data Processors and System Integrators
Data Science Companies: Data Analytics/Modeling Architecture (Data & Analytics approach – InflectionPoint)
Due to the fact that EU Energy Market is a liberalized one, customers churn risk assessment becomes a crucial problem for Energy Distributors. Such a problem can be addressed only through predictive modelling, which is a matter of Data Science appliance.
Given that Energy Distributors will have IT partners for data streams connectivity and processing, the knowledge developed by a Data Science company becomes the core knowledge in this equation.
Topics for the workshop:
– energy problem description
– data science solution presentation
– tools for implementation
– demo on the data science solution
– discussion on business development in this area
– data science solution scalability add deployment into client environment
– IT/Data Science partnership framework for solution architecture and implementation